Annual congregational retreat 2017
Where is the Retreat?
Friday, October 6 we begin by checking in and enjoying dinner together. We continue with our programs and vespers through Sunday, October 8 when we culminate the retreat experience with 11:00 a.m. worship. The Assembly Inn in Montreat is 25 minutes east of Asheville. (INFO HERE) Travel information & directions, CLICK HERE.
Parking FPC Greeters will direct you to appropriate parking areas. Valet parking (from the greeters) and assistance with luggage will also be available.
Retreat Check In Retreat Check In will be at Assembly Inn, Friday, October 6th
- 3:30 – 6:30 Room Check In at Assembly Inn registration desk on ground floor. Pick up keys & meal tickets.
Commuters pick up meal tickets at Assembly Inn registration desk. Commuters are signed up for all meals.
- 5:00 – 6:30 Retreat Check In for overnighters & commuters at table in Assembly Inn Lobby on first floor. Pick up retreat information & name tags. Senior highs and college students will pick up their meal tickets from Michael Poulos.
- 6:00 – 7:15 Dinner in Convocation Hall (for those who indicated on registration they would attend)
Late Arrivals: Room check in at Assembly Inn desk through the evening. Retreat check In, information, and name tags will be available in Convocation Hall after 6:30 PM.
WHat do I Bring?
We request you bring one snack and enough drinks to satisfy your own family for two days. We will use all food and drinks communally and have them available to everyone throughout the retreat. Choose from the food categories listed below. Bring snacks and drinks to Convocation Hall lobby when you arrive.
- Fruits and veggies
- Cheese and nuts
- Baked goods (cookies, brownies, cupcakes, etc.)
What to Bring:
- Wear comfortable and casual attire including our Sunday morning worship.
- Bring drinks and snacks to share.
- Bring recreational gear like hiking shoes, water shoes, softball gloves, tennis rackets, sneakers, flashlights, Frisbees, favorite board games & playing cards.
- Bring all toiletries like shampoo, toothpaste, and hair dryer if needed.
DO NOT bring pets, skateboards, roller-blades, roller skates, or alcohol.