Youth & Families
Connecting youth in Christian community helps them develop a peer-base outside of their schools – a place based on the principle of inclusion – a place to find acceptance that reflects the boundary-breaking love of God.
It helps them...
- get connected to significant (non-parental) adults in the faith community.
- explore questions of faith, life, what it means to be a follower of Christ in a safe non-judgmental context.
- and engage in opportunities to put their faith in action
The relationships made during these formative years can have an impact for a lifetime!
Youth ministry (grades 6-12) includes the following:
- Sunday morning Faith Development classes (9:45-10:45 AM) for Middle School (Room 209) and Senior High youth (Room 210); Confirmation Class offered every other year for 8th grade and older youth.
- Worship participation through leading prayers, serving as ushers, and offering music;
- An engaged Youth Choir with rehearsals regularly on Sundays (4:30-5:15 PM) during the school year;
- An active Youth Group (5:15-7:15 PM) meeting regularly during the school year, balancing fellowship & fun, service & learning;
- Seasonal Retreats & Recreation events (skiing, camping, youth winter league basketball);
- Opportunities to lead in special worship (Lovefeast, Youth Sunday, All Saints Service) and participate in service opportunities (Saturday Sanctuary, Pritchard Park, Room in the Inn);
- Summer retreats at Montreat & Massanetta Springs, plus mission immersion experiences for older youth;
- Opportunities for parents to connect for support and education.